theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Transporter 2'  (Read 1078 times)
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2005, 09:38:12 PM »

If this were an "Effects Test" or an "Action Sequence Test", I'd say this movie comes out in spades. The action was absolutely astonishingly amazing, fast-paced, heart-pounding, in your face, things blowing up, etc.

But...to sell a movie in the USA, it seems like you've gotta have some semblance of a PLOT...hmm...it's so painfully obvious that they were making a deliberate attempt to form a plot around the action (which, did I mention, was fantastic?). The plot downright sucked...it really was awful. To be honest, as a movie person myself, I would have enjoyed it more if they had FORGOTTON the plot and just had a guy fighting like a madbeast (spectacularly) to get the kid back. No need for the manufactured drama between his parents...just sooo out of place.

But hey, it was definately fancy in the stunt department. Some of those moves were fantastic, very well done. One of the movies to pull off the "Matrix" effect without the "Matrix" coming into your head. Very well done.

So yea, as an action movie, this thing kicks major butt. As an all around film, not gonna win anything other than "Best Choreography".
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 06:05:27 PM »

I enjoyed the first. I'll have to see this one.

Cheesy plots fit this type of movie, so we'll see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: