theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jumping off Train  (Read 2969 times)
Blank avatar

Jedi_of_the_Matrix

« on: February 17, 2005, 01:30:21 AM »

If I was making the shot, I'd put in loads of motion blur on the figure and also change some of the face morphs on the figure. That blue shirt has got to be textured differently.

You could also try adding a shot at the beginning with a still camera facing up towards the guy, with a lot of motion blur on the guy, then as soon as the guy is about to hit the camera, then cut straight to that shot.

Also, add a fan and parent it to the guys hair.

Really great posing - where did you get the background?

It's better to get a really dynamic, fast shot than to try to realistically depict what the camera is doing, that's why 3d motion blur is so handy.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 06:08:24 AM »

Pretty..but..hmm.  Motion blur would be nice, but I can't help but think that this may be something better to shoot live-action and then composite in, if you've got the capabilities.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 06:17:01 AM »

Ehh, I've always been kinda scared of Motion blur, since I have a personal belief that that's the big that often makes something look "CG" in lots of movies. I pretty much have as much blur as I would want to have.

But you are onto something, because the shot IS fairly still. If I were to shake the shot up, and give THAT motion blur, that could 1.) make the shot more dynamic and 2.) help obscure stuff.

Why yes, Funk. I think I'll toss the camera off a train trestle.  Tongue  (I know what you mean). We generally tried to do as much as we could greenscreen, but I really didn't see how we could get this shot without wires (which we don't have). But yes. Having it real instead is always nice.

The background is made of a Bryce render with AE 3d layers.

Yup!  
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 06:25:18 AM »

Well, you wouldn't NEED to move the camera, merely the subject.  And you wouldn't really need 'wires', only ropes to hold him up--you could take them out easily when you're keying, and maybe a large fan to get things moving right. You wouldn't even need him upside down, you could fake everything with fans, just as long as his feet are off the ground.

EDIT:  Oh, as for the motion blur:  If you're set on doing it CG, at least try to match it with the motion blur you're getting for the rest of the film, so it looks consistent.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 06:26:22 AM by Funk, E » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 12:40:03 PM »

I know what you mean
. Really! I did! Smiley
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 12:54:41 PM »

Just clarifying for the pleebs.   B)  
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:17:32 PM »

Okay. NOW I don't know what you mean.

I have never heard of a "Pleeb" before in my life. I'm gonna nip this ignorance in the bud. (I just found out recently about the whole "meatball" thing.  ;P

The thing that a lot of people do with the motion blur is they turn it up to 100%, which is impossible on film cameras (okay, well, not IMPOSSIBLE, cause they could just get rid of the shutter, but it would be kinda blurred). I'm a bit less sure about video cameras, they might get footage 100% of the time for all I know, but most of them are still interlaced, and I personally shoot interlaced, so it would still be at 50%. I find that's generally a good rule of thumb.

The ultimate rule of thumb: Don't pick your friend's nose with it.

THanks a lot for the help! It's appreciated!

Ian.
Lord of Ignorance
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 01:30:18 PM »

Okay. NOW I don't know what you mean.

I have never heard of a "Pleeb" before in my life. I'm gonna nip this ignorance in the bud. (I just found out recently about the whole "meatball" thing.  ;P

Pleeb, from Plebeian.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 03:55:41 PM »

AHhhh! Thanks.  :blush:  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: