theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: theBRB StockPile  (Read 5282 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: August 09, 2005, 11:08:49 PM »

http://www.thebrb.com/stockpile

If you haven't checked this out, you should.

This message is a request for participation. Please help us out with images, sounds, whatever. This will only work if we all work together. Thanks in advance!
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 04:14:55 AM »

I have tons and tons of sound files. Mainly Star Wars, but lots of miscellaneous stuff too. Some of it has music in the background, however. You want it?

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Fredrick Von Shwinkel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 06:45:02 AM »

A little confused about the "video" that can be submitted to the stockpile...are you looking more for like...stock footage? Personally shot footage (Like landscapes and what not)? Actual films?

A man wakes up after a horrible acc!dent and says ìDoctor doctor, I canít feel my legs!î to which the doctor replies ìI know you canít, I cut off your arms.î

oooh...

I <3 GoogleBot
Blank avatar

CyberCitizen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 06:47:14 AM »

The Stockpile is an incredibly awesome branch of the site. I'll help out with what I can. On my to do list, is a tutorial on "How to be able to hotlink up to 15MB with Geocities without getting your site kicked." And its legal too. Fun, fun.
 Looking forward to the other additions.

Am headed to extinction. Please Donate.

http://www.xanga.com/danielaaron' target='_blank'>http://www.xanga.com/danielaaron
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 08:57:51 AM »

Tutorials are great.

Copywritten sounds are bad. This is for stuff you have made and/or KNOW is ok for use in films that get profit as there isn't a "free use"/"non-free use" section setup.

Stock footage might be explosions. In a bit, I'll be putting up some cloud tank footage. Try to limit stock footage as it really isn't that useful.... but might be, depending. However... pictures, sounds, tutorials, etc etc are great.

Thanks, guys.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 09:02:39 AM »

Since when is stock footage not useful?
Blank avatar

Fredrick Von Shwinkel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 08:18:08 PM »

Since people started using the Hiroshima bomb footage for ALL explosions in flim...

A man wakes up after a horrible acc!dent and says ìDoctor doctor, I canít feel my legs!î to which the doctor replies ìI know you canít, I cut off your arms.î

oooh...

I <3 GoogleBot
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 09:11:12 PM »

Well, a good nuclear explosion is tough to use.

And that's not the only kind of stock footage there is--check out detonationfilms.com for a freakin' GREAT resource.
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 09:19:59 PM »

Stock footage is also great for things like establishing shots and panoramic views that would be difficult to get yourself.  Artbeats is also a great source of royalty-free stock footage.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »

Well... it has its uses, but the clips themselves must be applicable to various projects. But sure, if its a good shot, then it would be helpful Smiley
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 06:53:37 PM »

but the clips themselves must be applicable to various projects.

Uh, that's the point of stock footage.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 07:04:18 PM »

"A little confused about the "video" that can be submitted to the stockpile...are you looking more for like...stock footage? Personally shot footage (Like landscapes and what not)? Actual films?"

My response was to that.

Anyway, yeah. If it's helpful, we'll accept... just don't wanna be  hosting many GBs of home movies or  something.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 04:02:47 PM »

Yeah. We get ya, Daniel. Smiley If it's a nice steady shot of a backlit window with rain coming down it at night, you would be more likely to take it than if it's footage of some guy talking about cars and dancing around.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing both of those. Cheesy
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »

Feel free to add This.

Gun sound effects.  
Blank avatar

Zebonka

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 06:56:14 AM »

I've got a Dean scream, if you guys don't want to go the whole hog and host up Wilhelm. I've also got a couple of other really common place screams.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: