theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music Dilema  (Read 2845 times)
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2005, 07:09:25 AM »

Ok, I'm having trouble deciding whether I should use a certain track of music for this one scene or not (I've been using film music for this movie, and I won't hire a whole-new composer just for this scene). I was thinking about using track 7 on the Return of the Jedi soundtrack (Battle of Endor II) and use the part where Palpatine is killing Luke and Vader kills him back for the scene, in which Dengar is beating up on Han and then Han gets him back. The thing is that it's kind of an overused track, since it was in the ROTS trailer and everything, but it would fit perfectly witht the scene and I can't really think up of any alternatives. What should I do?

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 10:36:40 AM »

make your movie, make it well... if that's the right track, then use it. but if you don't want to, i'm sure there's an alternative...
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »

What dilema...it's a yes/no question.  Yes or no.  If you are going to sell it then no, if it's just for people to look at, yes.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 05:05:04 PM »

Yodaman:  Quit asking people questions about the most minute of decisions about your movie.  Use what you think is right.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

I have to agree. You are director... make choices. It'll be good or it'll be bad... not like we know any better than you anyway.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 08:07:07 PM »

Yes...choose correctly and people will enjoy your decision.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: