theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Poster Idea  (Read 11766 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« on: August 06, 2005, 08:54:02 PM »

Poossibly.

I kinda like it.

We're not sure.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 09:19:35 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 09:08:18 PM »

I like it a lot, but the face by the moon is too pronounced and I know it's not the center of the poster.

It's very good; just make the face more transparent so it's not seen as much, then it will be perfect.

I'm sure Yoda will have something to say.

Oh...I like the coloring.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 09:08:39 PM by wproductions » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 09:10:10 PM »

Aye. I thought the face to the upper right of the moon was bright too.

Dimmed/ updated.  
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 09:11:37 PM »

Maybe you should move it from the moon- I noticed it was looking at your face in the corner.  Maybe if you put it equally from the side as your face, then dim.

I like the city backdrop under the title.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 09:39:42 PM »

You know my thoughts on this totally rad poster...

I want a high res version of the finished product so I can print it out and paste it on my wall!

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 08:32:52 AM »

Thanks. Smiley

We're still not sure if we're gonna use it, but it's lookin' like we may...
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:25:43 PM »

I want a high res version of the finished product so I can print it out and paste it on my wall!

Me too, but for my Desktop.
Blank avatar

CyberCitizen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 01:29:33 PM »

Just an idea: you could put the outline of the blimp-like-thing in front of the Moon. Just a small outline. Sort of a salute to Spielberg and the outline of the ET-on-bike riding in front of the moon.

Am headed to extinction. Please Donate.

http://www.xanga.com/danielaaron' target='_blank'>http://www.xanga.com/danielaaron
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 04:35:22 PM »

Hehe...

I like the city under Ideality.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 09:06:15 PM »

Hmm... I do like Spielberg Wink

I'll see if I can do that without getting rid of the face. That's an awesome idea.

But hey, surely not everyone likes this poster. SOMEONE has to think it's too... different.  
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 09:08:19 PM »

I like it, but some might argue that it's too busy...not I though.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 09:13:06 PM »

Yes, I love the complexity, and the way it forces you to study it.  Not in a bad way, but rather, in a totally awesome way!

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

chairborne

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 01:24:28 PM »

I'm new to this forum and know very little about your project, so I'm not trying to be presumptuous but If you would send me the source images (as high rez as poss.) I would love to take a crack at polishing this design. I've been wanting to put together a movie poster project for awhile, a small selection of my work is viewable on this page. If you want to see more or have any questions let me know.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 01:24:59 PM by chairborne » Logged
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 03:29:35 PM »

Looks really nice- I thought it was anime at first. I think it looks great, but it would be absolutely awsome if you did a Drew Struzan style poster.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 08:53:58 AM »

Dang. I'm still torn about this. I like it, but it's also kinda, I dunno, I'm wondering if it looks too ratty.

I think if I put a bit more emphasis on Sword standing in the middle, It'll be better. And clean up the top left, cause right now it's kinda, busy yet empty.

Who's Drew Struzan?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: