theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Cathedral of Pipes  (Read 6137 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« on: July 23, 2005, 09:51:42 PM »

Well. This is the progress of Alexander's Throne Room.

Not much, so far, but hopefully it'll become sweet.  
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 10:47:40 PM »

Very pretty!

It almost looks like the light outside is VERY close to the window though. Did you want that?  Looks awesome, I'm just not sure if that's what you wanted.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 10:55:39 PM »

Aye. Yes. it's an artificial light Smiley

Good eye Wink
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 11:06:33 PM »

What do you mean by artificial light?  You mean, not done in the CG proggy?

Argh!  I know very little in the way of CG.  Like, very little meaning 'Absolutely NOTHING'.  Cheesy

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 11:08:49 PM »

No, like, it's not supposed to be the sun or the moon or something.

There's supposedly a bright "halogen light" or something behind it.

That is, under the assumption that it's all real. Cheesy
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 11:18:50 PM »

:doh:

Duh.

Sorry for being an ignorant fool.  You may kill me if you so desire.  Tongue

Well in that case, looks awesomer than before!

Blank avatar

Fredrick Von Shwinkel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 07:21:01 AM »

Oh it looks nice Ian...I like that its asymmetrical, nice and rustic.

If you get a chance...I'd like to see how the colors of the throne and whatnot play with the background, maybe just throw a keyed version of it ontop of there - nothing final of course. Great work so far...

A man wakes up after a horrible acc!dent and says ìDoctor doctor, I canít feel my legs!î to which the doctor replies ìI know you canít, I cut off your arms.î

oooh...

I <3 GoogleBot
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 08:20:37 AM »

Sweet. So you think this works? I forgot to mention that this is only an idea, possibly nothing final.

Sure. I can put the stuff on top of it. I'm thinkin' that if he's sitting on the only red thing in the room, it might make him stand out more.

I'll come one one when I get back Smiley
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

I think it could use a different texture.  It seems that everything you've posted has been textured with the same rusted gray-blue metal texture.  Maybe that sameness is part of the visual style you're going for, but I wouldn't mind a little variety.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 11:35:29 AM »

'Aight.

Actually, I have no idea why that is. See, I have a folder of textures and such, but I have no idea what any of them LOOK like, so I just kinda keep guessing till I find a good one, and it keep being the same one.

Highly good point.  
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 02:42:43 PM »

I personally like the texture of the walls.  

The rustic look is great.

Could look better if you added more curves on top and bottom and the vertical lines are great to represent power of this cathedral.

Instead of red and dark gray, you should use lighter gray and white and it would look like marble; unless you want that older look.  That would be awesome.

Either way its cool... good job, post an update.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 06:38:09 PM »

New texture (maybe not different enough)

But an animation to test out some stuff.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 06:38:23 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 06:53:59 PM »

Dude, im in awe. Im guessing Alexanders place?
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 06:55:05 PM »

Aye. That it is.

Hmm... I'm hoping to make it look less like "Pipes, and more, I dunno. Real or something." ish. I think I'll add several platforms (And still havent' added his throne)
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 08:58:47 PM »

Sounds great. You know what would be a good change, in my opinion. Instead of making it rustic in old, make it shiney and futuristic...not to futuristic.

Just something that people are like, wow this dude alexander has some serious power to have something like this. It may set the tone a bit more. I dunno your the expert, not me. Im waiting anxiously Cheesy Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: