theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Infra-Red or Nightvision?  (Read 15612 times)
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 03:42:37 AM »

Then just do the dark around the edges and the green circle in the middle thingee with some sort of grain. That would look good for what your doing-

Can you just tell me how to do what you're talking about? Then everything will be clear.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 10:03:44 AM »

On the clip that needs to be night vision, desaturate the actual clip.  Put a green, semi- transparent mask with grain in it.  Then make another mask (black) around the edges in a circle and make it less semi transparent than the green mask.  Then color correct the original clip.  There are many ways to do this and I'm sure Funk could explain it better.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 10:10:29 AM »

Well, it all kinda depends.  How, exactly, does this guy see in the dark?  You should build the effect from there.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 12:23:27 PM »

He has a visor that enables him to see in the dark. I used a visor from a Clone Trooper figure I have, and it never says how it lets them see in the dark, so I have some freedom to choose a look.

And I know you might rant at me for being ignorant, but how do you desaturate the frame, but the masks on it, add the grains, and then color correct the image? These are things I've never done before.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 12:27:31 PM »

No, I meant, HOW does he see in the dark?  What about this visor enables him to do that?  How does it work?
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 12:27:57 PM »

I don't know. I guess I have to ask someone on the JC.

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 02:10:06 PM »

They say it's more like binoculars, so I guess any style of vision would work.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

Right, right, whatever.  But what do YOU want it to be?  You're the director, create your world.  How do these goggles work?  From there, we can work on creating a consistent effect.
Blank avatar

lighter223

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 02:37:47 PM »

Infrared is shown in greyscale when viewed on any monitor.  The intensity of heat is showed in the brightness of white and cold is shown as black.  if you looked at the sun it would be whiter than a cloud and if you looked at the ground it would be, on some level, grey, and if you looked at the same grass later that night it would still retain heat so the sky would be black and and the grass would still retain some level of grey.  And how you get color: a program turns grayscale into colors.

Dont sass me!  <_<  

The snozberries taste like snozberries...

!
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 04:21:18 PM »

I congratulate you on probably your most lucid post ever, but we've already been over all that in the thread, and it doesn't really have much to do with the current part of the conversation.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 04:38:40 PM »

Yeah, Sure whatever.  Here is an infrared pic with a match.
Blank avatar

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 05:07:55 PM »

Meteorologists use infrared satellite imaging to look for how condense clouds are and what kind of storm it is (as far as heat goes)
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 06:06:10 PM »

That last image is a courtesy of the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center at CalTech
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 04:00:27 AM »

On the clip that needs to be night vision, desaturate the actual clip. Put a green, semi- transparent mask with grain in it. Then make another mask (black) around the edges in a circle and make it less semi transparent than the green mask. Then color correct the original clip. There are many ways to do this and I'm sure Funk could explain it better.

^^^ I'll do that. The infra-red would kind of be laborous and time consuming, and it's only going to be for five frames. But Wpro, as I asked eariler, could you tell me how to do what you suggested? I've never done that stuff before.

Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 11:09:08 PM »

For Saturation
-Adjust
   -Hue and Saturation
      -Hue/Saturation/Lightness-Bar all of the way down

For Green Grain look
-New Raster Layer
   -Bucket fill with a slightly darker than neon green
      -Right click on layer and go to properties; adjust opacity to 50%
         -Go to adjust
            -Add/Remove Noise (monochrome and Gaussian/40%)

The Look through a monocular or binocular
-Create a circle in a new raster layer and center it.
   -Fill the outside through the bucket with black and make opacity 50%

Once you get the look you want, you can delete the picture, save as a paintshop image and open it in Vegas or Premiere and Layer it over the short clips you will use nightshot on.  Just make sure you lower saturation on those short clips in that program.

Heres the first pic (before)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: