theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Infra-Red or Nightvision?  (Read 15565 times)
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 03:46:16 PM »

..What?

In any case, Yodaman, did you listen to a word that we said?
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »

Yes. I shined a flashlight on it and did it the same way I did the first one.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 03:52:19 PM »

Read the thread again.  You got more advice than just lighting it with a flashlight.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 03:57:51 PM »

List everything you want me to do with this. I can't make complete sense out of people just randomly making comments about this.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 04:00:03 PM »

Either go the black-and-white route and crush your blacks and up your highlights, or figure some other way.

---

Anyway, uh, it shouldn't be that hard to do what funk-e said, and then tint the entire picture slightly bluish. Also, make it dark around the edges. And light the shot with a flashlight.

---

No, I'd recommend changing his entire costume into bright white colours just for that shot. Infrared cannot pick up shadows.

---

Indeed. Something would be black only if it gave out absolutely no heat. And infrared can't pick up color, either.

---

So, prolly desaturating would help it.

Uh, also, that contrast is a little heavy. You might want to lower the contrast, but like I said, light it with a flashlight.

Really, what is so difficult about reading?
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 04:13:57 PM »

If this isn't what you're talking about then tell me how to do everything you're asking me to do because I'm really confused right now.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 04:24:23 PM »

Can you tell me what's confusing you, and why?
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 04:37:46 PM »

Just what exactly you're asking and how to do it.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 04:52:30 PM »

..But you've already been given lots of advice, man.  Take it, and run on your own a little.  I just quoted for you, in a neat little box, the best suggestions in the thread.
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 05:03:39 PM »

Take a look at this page at NASA for an example of the kind of look you might want to shoot for (you can click on the image for a higher-resolution version).  Also, read their explanation of how IR images work.

They say, "[t]he coldest surfaces in the infrared image are blue/black while the hottest ones are yellow/white. "  That's the key you need to focus on.  Figure out what parts of the image are the hottest, what parts are the coolest, and color-code them in some way that looks good to you.  The brain and heart are probably the hottest areas.  Body parts are probably also pretty warm.  Metal pieces are probably the coolest.  Beyond that general rule, just go with what looks best.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 05:09:43 PM »

Yes, none of the original color should be in an infrared image.  
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 05:11:27 PM »

But I'm not exactly going for a perfect 'infra-red'- just a sort of nightvision type thing that works.

Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 05:20:13 PM »

Then just do the dark around the edges and the green circle in the middle thingee with some sort of grain.  That would look good for what your doing-
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 05:20:27 PM »

Well, you have to ask yourself:  How does this nightvision work?  You can build the effect from there.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 05:22:02 PM »

Yoda, you know that nightvision beams forward in a circle pattern on the character, therefore then only the circle would get it, then the rest would remain dark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: