theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 90 Hour Film contest  (Read 20664 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: July 18, 2005, 04:23:40 PM »

As you know, we are releasing the rest of the site on the 28th of July, 10 days from now, a Thursday.

We will also be starting a contest that day. It will run from noon PST (3 EST) Thursday for 90 hours until Midnight on sunday the 30th (PST/ 3am EST).

All films must be created during this time, but you are free to get a team together now or begin preparations and planning.

When the contest begins, ObiJuan2080 will be posting 10 lines of dialogue. At least 2 of these must be included in the film to prove you didn't start early.

Films may be of any style, etc. The content must be generally PG13. If you plan on going over that, ask. Don't make us have to disqualify you for content... ask ahead.

PRIZE!
First place prize will be $100 plus and we encourage you to help this grow by donations of any amount. So far, we have $100 promised and hope to add enough for Second and Third place prizes. The grand prize can also grow. Thank you for any contribution. Contributions can be made through PayPal. If you aren't comfortable with PayPal, talk to me.

We really hope for a good number of high quality entries. PLEASE spread the word on this to friends who may be interested.

And be sure to check in on Thursday the 28th anyway for updates to the site and The IDEALITY TRAILER in an exclusive release.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:17:06 PM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 02:06:22 AM »

Can I enter? Me living in the UK and all.

If so, I'm definitly in!
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 02:09:31 AM »

Of course. Only rules are that you must do it within the deadlines.

Right now it is 3:08AM. Use that info to convert via when the board says I posted this in "your" time.

I am in PST, like the contest will be based.

OR... almost exactly 9 hours from now the contest will begin, noon, on that thursday.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 02:14:10 AM »

Jesus. when I read "almost exactly 9 hours from now the contest will begin" I thought... Holy crap! Then I read it properly...........I've just got up.

Anyway, I'm glad I can be part of this. This is going to be amazing...

EDIT: So there's no limit on the movie's length?

EDIT 2: I've just remembered I'm camping on the 30th for a film shoot. I'm sure I could film it all and edit it on Thursday and Friday, though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 02:19:47 AM by KIRADOR » Logged
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 02:46:03 AM »

Ouch about the 30th. Good luck though Smiley

Theres no limit... but don't go for anything too long or it will suck if you're not used to these deadlines. 5 minutes max for a good film, I'd say. OR... 90 hours, 4 days... hmm.... maybe more. No more than 10, though. I failed doing that the 13 day contest Tongue
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 04:38:39 AM »

Is the one minute Star Wars contest coming back? I have an awsome idea for that one.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 04:44:01 AM »

Maybe we should promote this on the director's forum on IMDB...
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 07:39:40 AM »

Can I enter? Me living in the UK and all.

If so, I'm definitly in!
Yes, you can enter, but remember that we will be measuring the time in American hours, not British metric hours.  Tongue

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 08:44:28 AM »

lol......I'm confused. Will my filming time begin at noon (UK time) or later on?
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 09:08:23 AM »

Noon PST (GMT+9) is 8 p.m. UK time (GMT+1), so your start time will be 8 p.m.   That is when the 10 lines of dialogue will be posted.

Justin

Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 09:10:09 AM »

Darn. So I only have a day to film it. It's gonna be hard.
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »

No, everyone will have the same 90 hours.  Since your 90 hours starts Thursday at 8 p.m. your time (noon PST), you will have until Monday 8 a.m. your time (midnight Sunday PST).

Justin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 09:28:21 AM by JustinZ » Logged

Blank avatar

durbnpoisn

Administrator & Tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 09:39:28 AM »

However, I do somewhat agree that some of the UK time will be a bit of an overnighter, that is a little unfair.  If it were me running this contest, I would give some leeway.

That's just my opinion thrown into the mix.

(btw:  GMT+1 ?!?  The Brits aren't on daylight savings time?!?  Why the hell don't they just abolish that whole thing already?!?)

Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 09:42:30 AM »

No, everyone will have the same 90 hours.  Since your 90 hours starts Thursday at 8 p.m. your time (noon PST), you will have until Monday 8 a.m. your time (midnight Sunday PST).
But I'm going away on Saturday.
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 09:43:28 AM »

This is indeed a pickle
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: